For Shell, it is the People, Customer and Community.
Shell Philippines isn’t just taking care of its business during this Covid-19 crisis. As the crisis continues to affect everyone in the country, this company prioritizes the health and safety of its people, customers, and the community.
On its official statement sent to Tech Patrol, Shell Philippines said that along with the safe operations of all its businesses, they continue to monitor the situation closely and respond to the needs of their “kababayans”.
This is how Shel’s structure.
The safety and well-being of Shell employees is a major concern of the company. As such, Shell has made available the following services to its employees:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Financial assistance such as access to emergency loans
- 24×7 Tele-Medicine medical service to minimize staff exposure to hospitals and clinics.
- Virtual counseling services
- Temporary accommodation and transportation support needed for business continuity.
Amidst the challenges, Shell strives to continue providing vital energy products to its customers and communities and have business continuity plans in place to sustain our operations. Malampaya continues to operate to provide 30% of Luzon’s power needs and its Shell stations will remain open to serve motorists and provide basic services.
Shell donates N95 face masks to DoH. Shell Country Health Advisor Dra. Rose Rivera (3rd from right) leads Shell officials in turning over 3,000 pieces of N95 face masks to the Department of Health (DoH) Undersecretary Myrna Cabotaje. Also in photo are (left to right) Shell Country Occupational Health Nurse Patrick Jeremillos and DoH Director Gloria Balboa, Assistant Secretary (Asec.) Kenneth Ronquillo, Usecs Gerry Bayugo and Rosette Vergeire and Asec. Nestor Santiago.
Shell salutes the frontliners who have been tirelessly working to “Flatten The Curve”. To support the medical and government frontliners, Shell is extending help as follows:
- Donation of N95 face masks to the Department of Health and the Philippine General Hospital
- Donation of Select Water to 7 Hospitals.
- Through our Shell retailers, we are giving food packs, biscuits and water for medical workers, police force and military personnel and logistics drivers
- Donation to the Municipality of Pasacao, Camarines Sur for the purchase of relief goods for indigent families
- We are also a partner of the Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation in COVID-19 response.
To support Shell’s forecourt staff, they are provided with the following:
- Accommodation in stations with transportation to and from work
- Meals for staff while on duty
- Face masks and alcohol for when they are on duty and when they travel to and from our stations.
- Financial support for staff grounded by the enhanced community quarantine.
Finally, Shell told us that they will continue to monitor the situation closely and follow advice from public health authorities to help ensure the well-being of its employees, customers, and local communities.