The flagship smartphone of Samsung was finally revealed at the Mobile World Congres 2014. The new Galaxy has now 5.1-inch 1080P display, powered by a quad-core 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 with Adreno 330 graphics, 16MP and 2MP shooter, and features water-resistance, a fingerprint scanner and a revamped design.
According to Engadget, S5 will be available in 150 countries beginning April 11, 2014.
Here are the interesting features about the Galaxy S5.
- FAST AF. Camera employs a fast auto-focus, it will enable you to capture moving objects or take your S5 to sports photography
- HDR. While other smartphone has HDR already, the Galaxy series has just included this feature in S5.
- Selective Focus. Blur the background and just highlight your subject, just like what you enjoy in your DSLR.
- Heart Rate Sensor. Be the health buff with S5 and monitor your heart rate by just putting your finger at the back of your S5, just below the LED flash.
- Dust & Water Resistant. With an IP67 certification, bring your Galaxy S5 in different situation because your S5 is now resistant to sweat, rain, liquids, sand and dust.
- Finger Scanner. Initiated by iPhone 5S, Galaxy S5 has now finger scanner for improved security.
The official Galaxy S5 Specs:
- 5.1-inch 1080 x 1920 Super AMOLED display, 432ppi
- 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 8974-AC CPU
- Adreno 330
- 16, 32GB internal memory
- Micro SD expandable up to 128GB
- WiFi, Bluetooth
- IP67 water & dust resistant
- Fingerprint scanner
- 16 megapixel camera with AF, LED flash
- 1080p @ 30, 60fps, 4K @ 30fps
- 2 megapixel front-facing camera @ 1080p
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat with TouchWiz
- 2,800mAh removable battery
SRP is still not available, but it will exciting again as we wait for Smart Galaxy S5 and Globe Galaxy S5 launch locally.