Last updated on September 7th, 2017 at 10:13 am
Now that Grab Car has been legalized in the Philippines, it is surely is the next must-try business opportunity for some of the business-minded persons in the Metro. Here’s the complete information about Grab Car Application.
If you have been scanning the newspapers or social media groups recently, acquiring a vehicle specially a Sedan type is very tempting due to its very low downpayment requirement.
Also, Grab Car encourages people to earn extra income by utilizing their cars while they are working. You see, if you have a car and you work in Ortigas or Makati, you spend money for parking it the whole day. And you know how much is the cost of parking here in Metro Manila. GrabCar suggests that you can either hire a driver that can drop you off to your office and then use the same car as Grab Car, and earn additional income. Or you can do it part-time, by being a Grab Peer after office hours.
I was encouraged to write this blog post as lots of Facebook users in the GrabTaxi/GrabCar Community group that Ian created last month keep sending me Private Message (PM) asking me how to become a Grab Car operator. Grab Car calls its operators as Grab Peer/s.
Grab Car Application (How to sign up as Grab Peer)
There are three components on how to become a Grab Peer — Peer, Vehicle, Driver.
Three requirements are needed in order to be accredited as Grab Peer.
- To be a Grab Peer, it is required that you have the following requirements.
- Photo with white background
- Government-issued ID or proof of Filipino citizenship
- TIN number and latest Income Tax Return Statement
- BIR Certificate of Registration, if applicable
- Certificate of Business Name issued by the Department of Trade and Industry, if applicable
- Map of garage
- Vehicle. Your vehicle must
not be less than six (6) years old. be year 2012 and above. The vehicle you are applying for may not be necessarily under your name, as long as you have the OR, CR and permission of the rightful owner of the car. Here are the requirements
- Comprehensive Vehicle Insurance
- OR-CR or Sales Invoice
- Driver. You can either drive your car or hire driver. He or she is required to submit these documents.
- NBI Clearance
- PNP Clearance
- Professional driver’s license with official receipt
How to sign up as Grab Peer or Grab Operator
Grab Car Application is done online. There are few simple steps but I suggest that you prepare the documentary requirements listed above before you sign up.
There is no sign-up fee, membership fee, or any fee being collected. If somebody comes up to you and volunteers to sign you up and collect any amount of money, that is a scam.
What are the type of cars accredited by GrabCar
Here is the current list of cars that are approved as Grab Car in the Philippines. Vehicles that you intend to use with GrabCar must be unmarked
2009 2012 (according to LTFRB) models or newer.
Mitsubishi Mirage G4
Toyota Land Cruiser
Mitsubishi Montero Sports
Hyundai Santa Fe
Chevrolet Trail Blazers
Once you are done complying with the documentary requirements and applied as Grab Peer online, the next step is to attend the orientation seminar. There are two important seminars to attend to — Operator’s Orientation and Driver’s Orientation. I suggest that you attend both.
The orientation will begin after GrabCar evaluates the documents you submitted. They will e-mail you to attend the orientation. You will receive an e-mail that looks like this:
Again, I suggest that you attend both orientations. Orientation takes only about an hour. In the morning on the Operator’s Orientation, they will walk you through the business and the incentive program.
In the afternoon, you and your driver must attend this very important orientation. This will be the part that Grab will orient your driver on how to use the Driver’s App. It is in this session also that Grab Car will take the photo of your driver to be encoded in their system.
Once the two required seminars are attended, you will be notified again via e-mail on when you can pick up the “kit”. The kit contains the smartphone with Touch Mobile SIM card that has the Driver App, another SIM card will be provided this time it is the GCASH SIM card. You will be signed up to GCASH because this is where GrabCar will remit all your incentives.
Good luck on your application!
Update: Grab Car Offices in the Philippines
- Grab Head Office – Makati
- 12th Floor Wilcon IT Hub 2251 Chino Roces Ave.,
- Makati City
- Mon – Sun | 9:00AM to 6:00PM
- ACI – Makati
- AGI Group Building, 147 H.V. Dela Costa, Salcedo Village,
- Makati, 1227 Metro Manila
- From Mon – Sat | 8:00PM to 5:00AM (NIGHT SHIFT)
- 2nd Floor, Unit 202, ATC Building, 572 Padre Faura St., Ermita, Manila(near Robinsons Manila & LBC Padre Faura Branch)
- From Mon – Fri | 9:00AM to 6:00PM
- Libis – Shopwise
- Eulogio Rodriguez Jr. Ave, Bagumbayan, Quezon City
- Sun – Thu | 9:00AM to 6:00PM
- 2nd flr. at the Back of Shakey’s Pizza, Tadeo St., McArthur Highway,
- Valenzuela, Metro Manila
- Sun – Thur | 9:00AM to 6:00PM
- Imus, Cavite
- South Supermarket Aguinaldo Highway Imus,Cavite
- Sun – Thu | 9:00AM to 6:00PM
- Unit #2 Filipino-Chinese Chamber of Commerce Building, Ipil-Ipil Ave., Shopping Centre, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines 6100
- Mon – Fri | 9:00AM to 6:00PM
- Maxwell Hotel Annex Blg. 2nd flr N. Escario St.
- Brgy. Camputhaw Cebu City
- Mon – Sat | 9:00AM to 6:00PM
- GrabCar – Mandaluyong (Event)
- Brown’s Gourmet, The Hub Greenfield District, EDSA Central Avenue, Mandaluyong, Metro Manila
- Fri – Sun | 2:00PM to 5:00PM
For Peer Application:
- Tax Identification ID (TIN) or Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Original Receipt/Certificate of Registration (OR/CR) or Sales Invoice and Delivery Note of the Vehicle
- Comprehensive Insurance of Vehicle
- Notarized Special Power of Attorney granted by the owner (if the vehicle is not under your name)
For Driver Application:
- Professional Driver’s License, or present the Official Receipt from LTO
- Valid NBI Clearance
If you are applying as Peer/Driver, kindly present all the above-mentioned requirements.
Note: Kindly bring the original and photocopy of your requirements. All requirements with expiration must be valid twenty-one (21) days before expiry date.
Grab Car Online Reservation Nationwide
- Grab HQ – Wilcon IT Hub
- Address: 12F Wilcon IT Hub 2251 Chino Roces Ave. Makati City
- Day & Time: Sun – Mon | 9:00AM – 6:00PM
- Quezon City – Fisher Mall
- Adress: Unit DS-008 4th/F, Fisher Mall, Quezon Avenue, Quezon City
- Day & Time: Mon – Sat | 10:00AM-7:00PM
- Libis – Shopwise
- Address: Eulogio Rodriguez Jr. Ave, Bagumbayan, Quezon City
- Day & Time: Sun – Fri | 9:00AM – 6:00PM
- ACI – Makati
- Address: ACI Group Building, 147 H.V. Dela Costa, Salcedo Village, Makati City, 1227 Metro Manila
- Day & Time: Mon – Sat | 9:00AM – 6:00PM
- Address: 2nd Floor, Unit 202, ATC Building, 570 Padre Faura St., Ermita, Manila (near Robinsons Manila & LBC Padre Faura Branch )
- Day & Time: Mon – Sat | 9:00AM-6:00PM
- Address: 2nd flr. at the Back of Shakey’s Pizza, Macarthur Highway, Valenzuela, Metro Manila (beside SM City Valenzuela)
- Day & Time: Sun – Fri | 9:00AM-6:00PM
- Imus, Cavite
- Address: South Supermarket Aguinaldo Highway Imus, Cavite
- Sun – Fri | 9:00AM-6:00PM
- Cainta – Robinson’s Metro East
- Address: Unit 191, Level 4, Robinsons MetroEast, Marcos Highway, Santolan, Pasig City
- MON – SAT | 10:00AM-7:00PM
- Araneta – Shopwise
- Address: G/F NFS03 Shopwise Araneta, General Aguinaldo Ave, Cubao, Quezon City, Metro Manila
- Mon – Sat | 10:00AM-7:00PM
- Address: Maxwell Hotel Annex Blg. 2nd flr N. Escario St. Brgy. Camputhaw Cebu City
- Mon – Sat | 9:00AM-6:00PM
- Address: Unit #2 Filipino-Chinese Chamber of Commerce Building, Ipil-Ipil Ave., Shopping Centre, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines 6100
- Mon – Fri | 9:00AM-6:00PM