We are already halfway to the full review of the Cloudfone Excite Prime 2, the budget smartphone that has only P5,999 SRP.
As part of the full review, we test the camera of the phone using its automatic settings only. This is putting into consideration that most users will only snap photos quickly without adjusting so many settings.
Cloudfone Excite Prime 2 Specs
- 5.5 inch HD IPS OGS Sharp 1280 x 720 resolution w/ 2.5D curved glass, 267 ppi
- Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.3 GHz 64 Bit MT6737 quad-core processor
- Mali T720
- 3 GB + 32G with microSD dedicated slot support
- 13 MP f/2.0 w/ AF and LED flash (Sony IMX135 sensor)
- 8 MP
- Dual SIM
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Android 7.0 Nougat OS
- WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth, OTG, GPS, A-GPS, dual SIM
- Sensors: Accelerometer, orientation, gyroscope, proximity and gravity sensors
- Colors: black, gold and silver
Sample Photos (Raw)
When light is not sufficient, picture can turn dark.
But when a light is enough, you’ll get a clear and crisp photo.
The lack of image stabilization will result in a blurry photo. So keep in mind to have a steady hand in capturing your subject.
I also find it a little bit sluggish. It takes almost a second to record the image on to the storage.
Front camera sample, this is the 8MP camera with F/2.0 opening. This is an indoor shot.
Again, when a light is sufficient, you’ll get this super clear and crisp image. Very sharp too.
The rear camera of the CEP 2 is powered by a Sony IMX135 sensor can only record a 720P video.
Here’s sample video we recorded from a recent event. We usually do color grading in our editing, but for the purpose of showing the original color and characteristics of the phone, we just scaled it up to 1080p.
Full Review Coming Up!
Hang in there as we are finishing our full review of this budget midrange phone from a local brand.